Why we like Violin Memory
CEO Donald Basil was CEO of Violin’s prime competitor Fusion-io until 2009. He then decided to move to Violin and to develop a superior technology in the flash memory space. Prior to Fusion-io, Don was the Vice President at United Health Group.
Key Board Members:
- Mark Rosenblatt (Rationalwave Capital Partners)
- David Walrod (Bridgescale Partners)
- Larry Lang (QuorumLabs)
- Jon Bennett, Co-Founder & CTO
- Previously Chief Engineer at RiverDelta Networks
- Jonathan Goldick, CTO, Software
- Former CTO at OnStor, and previously at IBM & Microsoft
- Cory Sindelar, CFO
- Former CFO at Kilopass and Ikanos Technologies
% of GSV figures are based upon the fair value of each holding as of March 31, 2013, or the cost basis of the holding (exclusive of transaction costs) if the investment closed subsequent to March 31, 2013. In either case, these values are divided by the net assets of GSV Capital as of March 31, 2013.