Why we like StormWind Studios
StormWind was founded in 2009 by serial entrepreneur Tom Graunke, a two-time Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year. Tom founded Mastering Computers (MC) in 1988 and sold the business in 1998. MC trained over 250,000 IT professionals in instructor-led classes covering Microsoft, Netscape, Lotus, Novell, and others. In 1998, Tom founded KnowledgeNet which was one of the first bona fide attempts at e-learning for the corporate IT market. At the time Microsoft's largest corporate training partner at the time, KnowledgeNet was sold to Thomson NETg in 2004. Many of the team members behind the success of MC and KnowledgeNet have rejoined Tom to help build StormWind.
- Corey Frank, VP of Sales
- Headed up sales at Mastering Computers and was also a founding member of The 41st Parameter, which was backed by both Kleiner Perkins and Norwest Venture Partners
- John McKeever, VP of Operations
- Helped lead project management at KnowledgeNet and was previously Manager of Strategic Services at Thomson and Client Leadership Liaison at LiveOps
- Tom Warrick, VP of Live Delivery
- Oversaw development at KnowledgeNet, Thomson NETg, SkillSoft, and also managed service teams at Nextel
% of GSV figures are based upon the fair value of each holding as of December 31, 2013, or the cost basis of the holding (exclusive of transaction costs) if the investment closed subsequent to December 31, 2013. In either case, these values are divided by the net assets of GSV Capital as of December 31, 2013.