Why we like GEL
GEL is led by Chairman Tom Kalinske and CEO Anthony Chang. Tom has an exceptional background in developing educational and consumer concepts, including leadership roles at Leapfrog, Sega, and Mattel. Anthony has a very strong and diverse background comprising entrepreneurial, operating, strategic, and venture capital experience. In addition, the Company has created an excellent advisory board with strong experience in education, government relations, sales/marketing, operations, and new market entry.
- Dr. Robert Calfee, Chief Education Officer
- Professor Emeritus at Stanford’s School of Education,; Prev. Chairman + Member of Leapfrog’s Education Advisory Board
- Desmond Chu, VP of Business Development and Acquisitions
- Prev. ran sales for eKong Ltd.; specializes in developing + executing strategies for start-up and multinational organizations seeking to enter Chinese market.
- Joseph Ho, Portfolio Support
- Prev. served as Greater China Country Manager for both Coca-Cola + PepsiCo
- Michael Sophie, CFO
- Former CFO + COO at UT Starcom; serves as director of several public companies, including NeoPhotonics, Pericom Semi, McData, BCD Semiconductor, Marvell
% of GSV figures are based upon the fair value of each holding as of June 30, 2015, or the cost basis of the holding (exclusive of transaction costs) if the investment closed subsequent to June 30, 2015. In either case, these values are divided by the fair value of total portfolio investments of GSV Capital as of June 30, 2015.