Why we like 2U
2U is led by CEO and co-founder Chip Paucek and Chairman John Katzman. Paucek was formerly the CEO of Hooked on Phonics and brought the program to major U.S. retailers nationwide. Katzman founded The Princeton Review and oversaw its emergence as a leader in the test prep market. He is a luminary in the field of education innovation, technology, and reform.
Key Board Members:
- Paul Maeder (Highland Capital Partners)
- Rob Stavis (Bessemer Venture Partners)
- Tim Haley (Redpoint Ventures)
- John Katzman, Chairman
- Founded and built The Princeton Review
- Rob Cohen, Chief Operating Officer
- Founder of largest Princeton Review franchise network
- Cathy Graham, Chief Financial Officer
- Previously CFO of Online Resources Corp.
- Jeff Rinehart, Chief Marketing Officer
- Previously Vice President of Marketing at Capital One
% of GSV figures are based upon the fair value of each holding as of December 31, 2013, or the cost basis of the holding (exclusive of transaction costs) if the investment closed subsequent to December 31, 2013. In either case, these values are divided by the net assets of GSV Capital as of December 31, 2013.